NO Churn Homemade Ice Cream March 3, 2018 17:58
Best Homemade Ice Cream!!! No Churning needed!
Have you ever wanted to make your own ice cream? You will love this easy recipe. You only need 3 ingredients for the best vanilla ice cream ever! Your kids will love making their own ice cream and choosing their own flavor ingredients.
The best part about this recipe is it’s a single serving and can be whipped up in minutes and ready to eat in as little as 3 hours.
Having a birthday party/sleepover? Make it an ice cream party and let all the kids create their own flavors. Don’t forget to set up a topping bar for when their ice cream is ready to eat.
Keep reading below to find out how to make...we give you two options of how to make it. Parents, you will most likely prefer the mixing bowl. But the kids will like to shake shake shake theirs up in mason jars.
What you will need....
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tsp of vanilla
2 tbsp granulated sugar
1. Mix up in bowl until it doubles in size and gets to a thicker consistency. Put in freezer safe container and feeze for 3 hours or until firm.
* Or you can...
(fun for kids to make their own)
2. Combine all ingredients into a mason jar. Shake until it doubles in size and gets to a thicker consistency. This can be from 5-10 minutes. Freeze for 3 hours or until firm.
(If having a party, be sure to mark the tops of your mason jars with each kiddos name)
Top with your favorite ice cream toppings.
You can also mix in your favorite flavors for different ice creams flavors.
• fresh strawberries mashed or any other fresh fruit
• cocoa powder
• mashed banana
• cookie dough
unlimited possibilities - mmmm
Recipe is for 1 serving. Can be doubled, tripled or more for more ice cream yumminess!!!
Scrambled Pancakes February 12, 2018 07:13
1. Mix your favorite pancake mix, we ya bisquick (follow directions in the box) Add in 1/4 c of cinnamon and sugar and 1 tsp of vanilla extract. Dye with your favorite color. (Be sure to add extra milk to thin your mix a bit)
2. Add 1-2 tbsp of butter to a frying pan. Pour in some batter and continue to stir as you would a scrambled egg. Cool your batter I still solid scrambled pancakes form. Remove into bowl and keep cooking more batter until all batter is scrambled. Don’t forget to add 1-2 tbsp of butter with each pan fry to keep batter from sticking.
3. Top your scrambled pancakes with powdered sugar, Brown sugar, syrup, chocolate chips, nuts or any other of your favorite toppings. We also like to drizzle them sometimes with a little extra butter. Mmmm
Other ideas...we have tried adding breakfast meats to our mix and it’s soooooo good. Makes for a nice sweet and savory dish. My favorite is fried ham. We have tried ham, bacon, sausage and spam so far.
Enjoy!!! These are fun to serve on Valentine’s Day and any other day you want a simple and fast breakfast.
Edible Cookie Dough - Shamrock Style March 17, 2016 00:35
Need something fun to make for Saint Patrick's Day with your kiddos? This recipe is perfect and so delicious. The kiddos will have fun making it and eating too!!
.....But be careful, the leprechaun's have been know for stealing this yummy treat if left unattended.
...What you will need...
1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
2/3 cup White Cake Mix (original called for yellow)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons sprinkles (optional, I used green)
4-8 tablespoons water
white chocolate chips (with a twist, see below)
Box of Andes mints, broken up
Green food coloring
In a mixing bowl, cream together both the butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes or until fluffy and completely mixed. Stir in flour, cake mix, salt, and vanilla. Next drop in some of that green food coloring, stir and add more until you are satisfied with the color. Add as much or as little as you like. No need to go crazy, just being green is fun for St. Patricks Day! Add one tablespoon of water at a time, mixing after each tablespoon, until you reach cookie dough consistency.
Now you can mix in the fun stuff.
Sprinkles, green and white chocolate chips (see below on how to make the green chips) and andes mints. Anything fun and green related for St. Patricks day will do.
...Green Chocolate Chips...
Get some white chocolates chips and melt them in a microwave safe bowl or bottle. Mix in some green food coloring. Make these darker than your mix so they stand out a bit. If using a bowl, once melted and colored, add to a plastic bag, cut the tip off one end of the bag. If using a bottle, make sure you mix in that food coloring good. Sometimes I use the handle end of my spoon to get down in that bottle.
Now just grab some wax paper and begin making cute lil green chocolate chips. Once hardened, you can mix them into your edible mix.
The Best Country Gravy Mix Ever! January 30, 2016 08:23
The Best Country Gravy Ever!
What you will need...
All Purpose Flour
Bacon or Sausage
For your gravy mix...
2 c. All Purpose Flour
1 tbsp. Garlic Salt
1 tbsp. Pepper
1 tsp. Chicken seasoning
Sift together all ingredients and store in an airtight container. Can be stored for up to one year.
For your gravy...
Handful of Diced Bacon or Sausage Crumbles
3 tbsp. Gravy Mix
2 tbsp. Butter
1 1/2 c. Milk
1/4 c. Chicken Broth
Pan fry your bacon/sausage until done. Reduce heat to low. Add in remaining ingredients. Mix until there are no lumps and the gravy mix is all completely mixed in. Let gravy simmer and stir often until you get the right gravy thickness.
Serve over biscuits or anything else you love to smother with gravy. Yum. Enjoy!
Sugar Cookie Dough - Edible Version Included October 11, 2015 12:49
The best sugar cookie dough you will every make. YUMMY! And we included an edible version too!
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tbsp. milk ( 1 egg if baking )
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1. Beat sugar and butter in large bowl until smooth. Beat in vanilla and milk (egg if making cookies). Mix in remaining ingredients. Divide dough in half; wrap each and refrigerate 30 minutes until firm.
Next steps for baking....
1. Heat oven to 375•F. Lightly grease cookie sheets. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 1/4 - inch thick. Cut with cookie cutters. Arrange on cookie sheets 1/2" apart.
2. Bake 7-8 minutes until light brown. Cool slightly; remove to wire racks. Cool completely and frost, if desired.
Share and Enjoy!